‘If you go down to the woods today…’ will combine the thrill of acting with hands-on learning, to help create an original performance as part of Dokufest 2015.
Through the project, you will explore some of the secrets of drama, film-making and the natural world, providing an opportunity for personal growth unlike any other in Kosova thanks to the project’s interactivity, professional quality and fun!
You can apply if…
- - … you are Kosovar, between 16-19 years old. You don’t need to be living in Prizren – in fact, even Kosovars from the diaspora can apply;
- – … you are free and committed to take part exclusively in the programme – held in Prizren from 6th-16th August 2015;
- - … you speak at least upper-intermediate level English, as the workshops and the performance will be conducted in English;
- - … you have a love for performance and/or film-making;
- - … and you are willing to learn, are inspired by new things and are willing to work hard for the duration of the programme.
No previous acting or film-making experience is required.
What will happen during the programme?
- - learn about acting and drama from professional British theatre directors – how to use your voice, body, etc.;
- - explore what makes a good script or a good scene, and help shape the final performance;
- - record a documentary of the project, and learning about film-making;
- - explore the topic of the film with input from experts and field trips;
- - rehearse your role for the live performances, which be held in the second- weekend of Dokufest;
- - perform in front of Dokufest visitors, in a location selected and adapted especially for this performance;
- - have the time of your life, learn new things, make new friends and be a better version of the person who arrived 10 days before!
To apply, please complete the online form and submit a 3-4 minute video (in English) that includes the following:
- - an outline of your performance experience,
- - the reason you want to take part in this project and why you should be chosen,
- - and a 1 minute acting audition in which you tell a story (can be true or fiction) of an encounter you had with a wild animal and how the experience affected you.
Deadline for applications is 27th June 2015.
Costs and logistics
The cost per participant is 99 euro, which is a partial contribution towards accommodation and one daily meal. Participants will be required to arrange their own transport to Prizren. All applicants can also apply for a scholarship, which will be decided on financial merit.
Send a message on TOKA’s page on Facebook or email email@example.com