28 July, 2023
This year DokuKids, a program curated full of love for our dearest audience, is made up of 54 films and 7 workshops, with unique and educational themes for children aged 6 - 17. The films and the workshops address topics such as children’s rights, climate change and other various social issues, set to develop the visual perception in children, and overall creativity and social consciousness.
The film's screenings will take place everyday from the 6 till the 12 of August, at Innovation Training Park (ITP) . You can see the full list of films here: DokuKids 2023 Programme.
You can see the full list of the workshops below, with detailed descriptions and timeframes.
*The first 5 workshops mentioned below, need prior registration to attend. You can fill the registration form here: DokuKids Registration Form. Application deadline is: August 03 (Thursday) 2023 at 11:00 hrs. Organized transoportation by bus is provded by us free of charge.
1. DokuTech @ DokuKids, GenAI, age 12-15 years old, on August 05 - 06, from 10:00 - 13:00
This workshop is for all the kids of ages 12 to 15, who are interested in an introduction in Artificial Intelligence and how it works. Participants will learn about the basics of AI, and then discuss together about Ethics and Bias in AI, the impact of AI in the creative world of art, what the future holds in the world of AI and also have some hands-on practical examples about using Chatbots.
2. Animadoc, age 14-17 years, 06-09 August, from 12:00 - 16:00 - in collaboration with the European Union and Europe House Kosovo
The workshop aims to introduce teenagers new ways of storytelling: creating authentic
documentary footage with the help of animation. It will be a hands-on experience using
frame-by-frame animation techniques.
By the end of the workshop, you will have gained:
- A new technique which you can creatively integrate into your future work
- Fresh perspectives on telling real-life stories through animation
- Inspiration to broaden your creative horizons
3. Stop Motion Animation Workshop, age 10-14 years old, 06-09 August, from 12:00 - 16:00
Animation is a fun way to create imaginary worlds where anything is possible. But how do we find the idea for an animated film? How do we find inspiration in the real and digital world?
In the workshop, participants get to know all the phases of making an animated short: from the very first idea, to working on a storyboard and the animation itself. They learn about the basics of stop motion animation technique and the Dragon Frame software, experiment with various materials, and talk about how they see the world around them.
4. Animated alphabet, age 8-12 years, 09-10 August, from 12:00-14:00
Learn how to decompose a movement and make a traditional animation with only pens and paper!
5. Hanafina, age 8-12 years old, August 11-12, from 12:00-14:00.
The script is already written, the decors and the characters are already crafted. Your mission is now to come and animate the story of Tiana, a young boy from Madagascar who can only be himself when he's wearing a mask.
6. Yoga session with Erza Vokshi, August 7-11, from 11:00 - 12:00
The yoga sessions program, led by instructor Erëza Vokshi, provides a unique opportunity for children and young people to practice yoga and develop self-management and self-awareness skills. It helps them identify emotions, manage responses, and behave healthily. Through yoga exercises, they learn to focus on the present moment and self-regulate. This experience fosters a sense of calm and harmony within themselves and the world around them.
Around 20 participants will join the DokuKids program’s yoga classes.
7. Virtual reality session, 09 - 12 August from 14:00 - 15:00 - In collaboration with Festivals Connexion
In 30-minute sessions, come and enjoy immersive experiences in virtual reality. Choose from a selection of films from the French network Festivals Connexion.